The day started off well...
biscuits and Gravy with fresh-squeezed orange juice served in bed
and
opening presents before school
Kylan does so much for his girls to let us know how much he loves us, so we wanted to be sure to make this year's birthday a day where he felt how special he is to us. Kylan's not a huge party guy so we celebrated his birthday together with just the four of us. The teppanyaki dinner was a huge hit for both the girls and Kylan, he had never been before and loved the pyrotechnics! Our chef was exceptionally entertaining and Kylan was thrilled because I agreed to share lobster with him!
After dinner we were going to get some dessert, but the birthday boy opted to go home and make cookies as a family. This was a great choice because, as you can see, we have two very good helpers!
a few thoughts on Kylan...
- Kylan is endlessly expressive about his love and affection for me. He tells the girls often how beautiful I am, how smart I am, and how I'm the best mom in the whole world. I feel so grateful both that he feels this way, and that he shares it with our girls. They will have an excellent example of how a woman should be treated by her husband.
- Kylan loves to tickle and wrestle and have pillow fights with the girls. Serelle will say, "dad, will you do that thing where you bite me on your bed?"
- Kylan is known at the GSB as the guy with all the cool hats
- Although Kylan is very bright and capable, he rarely sends an important email without asking me to proofread it. I know he could do this without me, but it makes me feel good that he wants my input.
- Kylan is a world class Sunday School teacher. He's taught the 16-18 year olds for the last 5 years in two different wards and he is an instant favorite every time. I love sitting in on his classes and watching him interact with the youth.
- Kylan is a sucker for a back tickle. Any time. Any where.
- Kylan is so proud of me and the girls - he always wants us to come to campus, to his classes and to share lunch. He claims that we are his greatest assets!
Happy Birthday Ky, I sure love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment