Day One: Mimi and Poppi arrived last night and the girls are in good hands. In fact, they didn't even seem very sad that we were leaving! Our bags are packed, our malaria medication has begun, and we are all set - but somehow the reality that we are traveling all the way to India still hasn't sunk in?
These pictures - that kind of make it seem like we've never flown before - were taken for the girls. They asked us to send them lots of pictures so we figured we'd start from the very beginning with photos of our double-decker airplane!
So, Cathy Pacific was far and away the best priced airline, but after 13 hours in air we now know why...the seats were simply terrible. Instead of reclining, they somehow slid into a position that resembled some sort of yoga move. Imagine cat pose, while laying on your back...for 13 hours. But, thanks to a bargain price, we have a couple hundred dollars to spend on saddle wood!
Jen and I ended up flying via Hong Kong. We thought about staying a night in HK but due to time constraints and a little apprehension about being away from the girls for so long, we opted to just eat some " authentic airport Chinese food instead. So we ate a bowl of un-identifiable meat and spicy noodles and called it good. With chopsticks of course.
Next stop...Bangalore!!!
3 comments:
I'm sure that airport food was very authentic! Mystery meat!
Oh my! I can't wait to see all the pics from your adventure. I just got caught up on your blog. Holy cow was I behind or what?! I love seeing all that you do with your cute little family. Miss you!
Brother served his mish in HK, and he swore the food was amazing. But I'm not going to lie, those yellow noodles look like... well, cat pee ramen. Hope they tasted better than that. :)
Post a Comment