Sunday, October 27, 2013

Stage 4 - Six Flags Animal Kingdom

As I was searching for deals on lift tickets to the Tahoe area resorts, I came across a Groupon 40% off tickets to the Six Flags Animal Kingdom that's just outside Sacramento. We had heard great things about this resort from some friends, but the two-hour round trip drive always felt just a little bit too far to venture for a day trip. So, when we made the official decision to piece together a Spring Break "staycation" in the bay area, I purchased some tickets and we fit it into the lineup!


 It turned out to be such a fun day! I might even say that we had more fun here than we did at Disneyland?! (that mostly has to do with how much we paid for tickets and the crowd factor!)
I have always loved riding roller coasters and had a blast riding some of the massive ones they had here at Six Flags. Kylan and I even recruited a friendly-looking couple to watch the girls so we could go on one of the big rides together!


This particular Six Flags is the perfect combination between an awesome zoo and a killer amusement park - great animal exhibits and shows plus lots of fun rides!


We learned something about Lili on this trip. 
She is a thrill-seeker.

I wonder where she got that?



It was worth every minute of the wait, such a fun ride!
Although I have to admit that my advancing age (I'll be 30 in just a couple of months!) kept me from wanting to go on any of these rides more than once. My inner ear can't seem to recover the way it used to, I hope I don't lose the ability to enjoy these crazy rides?!


One of the highlights of the day for Serelle was this chance to pet and feed an elephant. And because big sister didn't want anything to do with the elephant she got to feed it two little biscuits - she talked about it for days.


The girls were at such a fun age to visit a park like this, they handled the long day incredibly well. They were both old enough to go on a lot of the rides and even got to go on a few all by themselves. 

So long Animal Kingdom!

No comments: