Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Labor Day Lake Powell

I don't know about anyone else, but I have no idea what Labor Day is all about. I'm not sure what the holiday celebrates, but I know that I love it! For us, Labor Day has come to mean one last trip to Lake Powell staying on the most incredible houseboat imaginable! Thanks to Vicki and Jerry for their unending generosity and to Ken and Elise for always inviting us. We LOVE this trip!

A few highlights of this year's trip.

Driving Rhino's boat. Lili likes to go FAST!



A new addition this year was the zip line. We hung it from the top of the Big Dog to the top of another houseboat about 500 feet away. There were a few technical difficulties but it was a blast! We'll get the kinks worked out for next year's trip.


The Mill's girls were so sweet to Lili and let her play with them the whole trip. The last night's activity was this hair salon train. Lili got to be the caboose because she doesn't have quite enough hair to braid...maybe next year!


We found the best beach and spent most of our days digging in the sand and building drip castles.

Happy End of Summer.

1 comment:

The Skeehan Family said...

seriously, do your adventures EVER cease??? How fun!