Between graduating from school and moving into our new place down in Provo, we were able to spend a couple of weeks staying with Mimi and Poppi and helping them pack up their house. It was a busy time with lots of packing and unpacking, but I'm so glad that we were able to spend a couple of final days in the house that I grew up in. I have so many memories of growing up here at 14 Dawn Hill and I am grateful that we were able to help the girls create a few more memories of their own while helping my parents get packed up.
It was a hot, hot summer and with all the in and out of packing up the moving vans we were mostly just sweaty for about a week straight! This led to lots of popsicle breaks for the kids and the adults =)
Definitely one of the highlights of packing up a house that has been lived in for 20+ years are all the treasures that are found along the way - like this rocking horse that was Uncle Stephen's when he was a little boy. Serelle loved this toy and if the bouncy rubber straps weren't falling apart, it would have been tough to let it go! As it was, it became a great babysitter for the times when we were busy moving and the girls got bored.
The last few meals became very makeshift as the furniture kept disappearing and as we tried to clean out the fridge and freezer. I think this was the third meal in a row of leftover Cafe Rio salads - eaten on the floor!
And of course, it wouldn't have been goodbye without a sleepover on the trampoline - this is such a standard summer memory for me that I almost can't remember a summer without a couple of sleep outs. I also forgot how late it gets dark until we tried sleeping outside - I don't think the girls actually fell asleep until long after 10 - this is probably one of the reasons why we loved sleeping out as kids!
It was a hot and tiring couple of weeks, but I'm so glad we were able to help my parents pack up and say goodbye to my childhood home. Now it's time for the next adventure!
No comments:
Post a Comment