I lost our nice, new camera at the end of June. Of course we were sad to lose the camera, but we were really devastated to lose all the pictures that were on the camera that hadn't been transferred to the computer yet. I've got just a few pictures from our June activities that were on the iPhones, so here's a quick rundown of some of the noteworthy events of June.
Jen's 30th birthday celebration - a weekend getaway to NYC!!!
June 2-4, 2013
Kylan surprised me with the best possible 30th birthday celebration. It far surpassed even my wildest dreams of what I thought I wanted to do to celebrate this milestone birthday! He coordinated with my cute cousin Macy and her husband to come babysit the girls so we could sneak away to NYC for a whirlwind weekend adventure. Of course I had absolutely no idea that's what was going to happen, he kept all the intricate details perfectly secret until it was time to pack our bags and head to the airport. It was really amazing. We had an unforgettable time and the girls had a blast with two of their favorite people. What a memory that will mostly have to live on in our memories...
We were able to see two Broadway shows, Newsies and Wicked, eat at Perbacco, do some window shopping and wander through Central Park. It was a magical weekend and we took lots of pictures, which are lost to us forever =(
We were able to see two Broadway shows, Newsies and Wicked, eat at Perbacco, do some window shopping and wander through Central Park. It was a magical weekend and we took lots of pictures, which are lost to us forever =(
Although the weekend was full of fabulous moments, the two clear winners were the new Broadway production of Newsies, and our dinner at Perbacco. Newsies blew us away. Kylan and I are both familiar with the story and the music from the movie version, but the live performance was truly phenomenal! There was so much energy and I found myself sucked right into the production, it was just perfect.
And Perbacco...oh Perbacco! We discovered Perbacco when we visited NYC in 2010. It's a small little Italian restaurant tucked away down in the Lower East Village and both times we have eaten there have been life-changing. I realize that's a little bit dramatic, but it's really true! It's the kind of experience where you take a bite of your food, then you have to put your fork down and just relish the wonder of the sensations that are happening inside your mouth. I don't know that either Kylan or I would call ourselves real "foodies", but this is a pretty unforgettable food experience!
A huge thanks to Kylan for pulling off this amazing birthday surprise. I couldn't think of a better way to celebrate my 30th than being whisked away for a romantic weekend getaway!
Valparaiso Ward Daddy Daughter Campout
June 7, 2013
Liliahna and Serelle are such good campers and Kylan is such a sweet dad to them that we knew we couldn't miss this special daddy-daughter campout, even though it was the night before the ballet recital. They camped in the foothills just west of Palo Alto and when they got back Kylan's first comment was that we needed to go back all together because it was so beautiful! The girls were able to go on a hike through the redwoods with their dad, have a campfire and dinner and then try to sleep in the unexpected sweltering heat - which definitely made for a memorable campout.
Menlo Park Academy of Dance Ballet Recital
June 8, 2013
The only reason we have any pictures of this recital day is because our dear friends the Meikle's shared a few that they had taken. The good news is that we now have a few pictures of recital day, the bad news is that we only have pictures of Serelle's performance. (because Kyla is in the same class!)
The girls both did an excellent job with their performances and are really beautiful ballerinas. It has been so much fun to watch them learn and progress throughout the year, and of course the recital day was pretty magical!
Dear Lili: I am so sorry about your makeup. We were running a little bit late to picture day and I didn't realize how dark your eye shadow was until you were standing up there with all the other little girls and it was too late to fix it!
Post performance donuts with our best little buddy Kyla.
Liliahna's class performed in the afternoon recital and she did an amazing job! I'm so sorry we don't have any pictures of her dancing, but she was one beautiful China Doll.
EV Exodus
June 15-16, 2013
How we loved our little EV apartment! Although it wasn't much to look at when we first moved in, it quickly became home and we just loved our time there. We grew so much as a family and will never forget the friends and memories we made while living at
58 Dudley Lane, Apt. 101
Stanford, CA 94305


No comments:
Post a Comment