Thursday, September 15, 2011

Gone Country

Pioneer Day Celebration
St. John's Arizona
2011


Just moments before Kylan, Cole and Kade set a St. John's record for the wild cow milking race. 
This event deserves its own post.


Deep down the cowboy roots are there. 
Kylan's mom grew up in this small ranching community that boasts one of the biggest Pioneer Day celebrations in the entire state of AZ. 
Rodeo, campfire dinner, country dance, parade, chili cookoff - you name it. 
They've got.
And we did it.


 Kylan's grandma and the girls' great-grandma Diney.
Took us on a tour of what's left of the family's ranching roots. 
There's so much history here and I'm so glad we were able to show it to our girls.


 Chili dinner. Trying our best to dress the part.
Serelle was seriously rocking the cowboy boots!
We learned that "dressing the part" really just means bedazzled jeans, an Aeropostale t-shirt and "teased" hair! Love it!

 Country dance. You may have thought that I am the dancer in the family. But this boy has some serious moves!


Uncle Mackey is the real deal when it comes to the cowboy life. He's run a cattle ranch for the last 35 years and was the perfect instructor for the girls very first horseback riding experience.


Yes. That is Lili sitting on a horse. I'm not sure she was thrilled about it, but she didn't cry. She did it. And I was so proud of her.

Beautiful photos courtesy of Remi Stoneman. Photographer.

Can you even believe how handsome this cowboy is? 
I am one lucky girl!

2 comments:

Colette said...

you guys look so cute in your cowboy getup! I want my boots back! I love yours! Where did you get Serelle's flag shirt? I was going to make that for Anna this year but it just didn't happen.

elise said...

I wish I had been there to see those moves on the dance floor. No video? I just don't have the stamina you all have. I don't think I've ever seen a better looking cowboy couple.