Sunday, July 3, 2011

She Skiis!!!

...and look how happy she is about it!


When Lili first heard that T and Ad had a little water ski...she was in!
She talked about doing the water ski at Lake Powell all the time. We watched YouTube videos of little kids water skiing, she was so excited.


When the water ski came out and Lili started to change her mind, Kylan and I decided that it would be best if we helped her do what she really wanted to do even though it seemed scary.
We all have do things we don't want to do sometimes, right?


It took a lot of encouraging and Lili still wasn't thrilled about it - as you can see! But now, after the fact, she is really proud of herself for skiing. We knew she could do it, we just didn't know how amazing she would be!

Check it out!


Lili started out standing up in just a couple inches of water and she just never fell! When the jet ski pulled away and the pressure came she just kept going! We all looked at each other in amazement - we were so proud of her that we forgot to start the video camera! Here she goes!


Because we wanted this to be as positive of an experience as it could possible be, Lili had a lot of support in the water! Tiffany and Adam were both on the jet ski pulling her, Kade and Ky were on a second jet ski so someone could be right next to her if she crashed, and Lindsey was on the paddle board for extra support. This is one loved little girl!


She stayed up for a big circle and almost made it around our whole cove. She tipped as they made the curve to come back to the houseboat, if the jet ski kept going straight I think she could have kept going for a long, long time!


Safe in her daddy's arms. Couldn't ask for a better rescue team.


Just in case you forgot that she water skied!

4 comments:

mrs. timberlake said...

Jen... I am hoping St Johns for the 24th 2011 is also on your bucket list, riiiiiiight?

Love the Lili water skiing. I never thought of watching youtube videos with the lambs to help prepare them for a new adventure. Officially stealing that idea.

Adria said...

I can't believe how big she has gotten! I am totally not surprised seeing your child water ski....she is a Lundeen:) Looks like you guys had so much fun!

The Skeehan Family said...

Jen! How awesome!!! Way to go Lili! She now skis on snow AND water!!! :) WOOHOO!

Okay, I am seconding Amy's inquiry... are you coming? Do we get to play in St. John's??? Crossing my fingers! And how about here? Are you available for playdates in Phoenix?

Looks like you guys are having an awesome time.

Jayson and Julianne said...

I am so proud of this girl! I totally understand the hesitation about waterskiing (and I was 11 when I learned). She is one brave cookie and you and Kylan are so cute to help her accomplish her goals.