Monday, May 3, 2010

The Curse of the Party Hat

Some of you may not know this about the Lundeen family; we are cursed.

Now this is no ordinary curse. There are no ghosts, spirits, or demons involved. There are no spooky noises or premonitions. There is no explanation...or is there?

Our family curse comes in a peculiar form, one that is unlikely and unsuspecting...
it is the curse of the Party Hat!

The curse originally presented itself at Liliahna's first birthday party; however, we have had another incident.

A visual documentation of the most recent attack:


Not convinced? Take another look from a different angle.



Unless somebody has a good idea about how to rid ourselves of this curse, we have hereby sworn-off Party Hats for the rest of our lives. (or at least for the rest of our children's first birthday parties!)

9 comments:

Whitney or Kevin said...

I am so happy I am the first to comment.

I have never, not once before, laughed as hard as I did at this post. Is that mean?! I love poor Serelly belly but the fact that you got it all on camera?! From two angles?!

So funny.

You can't get rid, the hat looks too cute.

remi said...

Are you kidding me?!

I'm not sure if its socially acceptable for boys to have party hats for their first birthday, but these pictures have me too curious to resist.

that is the funniest thing I've ever seen. If it is possible to love Serelle more than we already do....

elise said...

Now Serelle has proof of big sister's actions. I can't believe you caught this on film. Too funny. I love Serelle's curls.

Erin said...

That is really funny!

Kylan said...

Just laughed out loud. Again.

Lindsey Lundeen Crosland said...

After arguing over what the "Curse" actually was with Kade, we determined it was the snapping of the rubber band.? The photos told the story! I think he thought the crying was from the hat being removed.

I can't stop laughing though. This is so hillarious! and so SAD Serelley-belly. Poor unsuspecting little girl!

Suggestion: the hat should come with a protective bubble around it. Or, change the hat tie to balloon ribbon... it isn't stretchy.

Lindsey Lundeen Crosland said...

ps. can you add bcrosland@gmail.com to your list of people to view?

Kristin said...

Poor Relley! Totally hilarious nonetheless. :)

I can't pinpoint why, but she looks so much more like Ky when she's screaming her head off...

Jason Hawks said...

That was pretty funny! I love that the action sequence was caught on tape! I just wish I had had the video camera turned on at this point! Just don't let Serelle get the idea to return the favor to Eloise!