September 11, 2008 marked 4 wonderful years for the Lundeen family. Kylan and I have celebrated our anniversary a number of different ways but have always managed to include a trip over the Alpine Loop. The leaves are usually just starting to turn and the weather is always beautiful. This year we decided that rather than just go up and over the loop we would camp out and spend the night. We were really looking forward to our first real campout and decided to go all out. Dutch oven, tents, hiking, dirt, smoke, etc.
It turns out that we are great campers, we love being outside, we love eating outside, we just don't love sleeping outside. It was cold and hard and we both really wished we were home in our nice bed! I think we'll give it another shot in the summer when it's nice and warm and only if we have bigger pads!
In the morning we hiked up to the Timpanogas Caves and it was spectacular. The hike was beautiful and the caves were amazing. We had a great time and highly recommend it.
Happy Anniversary, I love you KY!!!
9 comments:
We are very jealous. We have really wanted to go camping for a while now but once the weaather got warm enough I was 8 months pregnant and now Satchels too small. Next year Yosemite!
happy anniversary!! i love Lili's facial expressions in the pictures, she is so cute!!
Happy Anniversary. Cute pictures! You guys are quite the campers. Jayson and I have yet to go in our 3 years of marriage. When I asked Jayson he said that Lake Powell counts :)
I love it!!!! How fun! And the majority of the pictures it looks like lily is pretty content! I just love you two....happy anniversary.
lol... Lilly is pissed in every single picture. Classic. Maybe someday she'll appreciate camping. Happy anniversary! We're sad we'll be in UT while you guys are here next month. :( Go figure.
Fun!! Happy anniversary!! And, of course, Lily looks adorable in the pictures :)
LOVE that picture of lily's grumpy face. hilarious. if emery could show that much controlled emotion that is exactly the face she would have made last time we went camping (or tried!). :)
Looks like fun! We are leaving today to camp at Grand Coulee Dam. Hopefully the baby likes his first camping trip as much as Lily did!
That looks like so much fun :) I love the hike up to the cave, we took Dawson up last year. That was before he could walk and when he was much lighter! Dave and I have yet to go camping, I think that we'll go for sure next summer. Happy Anniversary :)
Post a Comment