Friday, November 16, 2007

Tagged!

Ok, I guess I won’t try to put it off any longer…Bree tagged me about a week ago and for some reason I keep finding excuses not to answer the tag. But, today I really have no excuse so here goes…

1. I miss being in school. Ok don’t get me wrong, I don’t miss the stress of writing papers, or cramming until midnight at the library, but I really miss learning. I loved my studies at BYU and I really miss the feeling of walking out of an exceptionally good lecture and feeling like my head was crammed full of knowledge. Now I spend the majority of my time with a darling one year old and it is more fulfilling than I ever imagined, but it doesn’t necessarily push me intellectually and I’m not very good at pushing myself in that department.

2. I am a counter. Yes, like Jack Nicholson on “As Good as it Gets”. I can’t help myself, I seem to count everything. From walking up or down stairs, to cutting up the vegetables for dinner, I’m always counting. Sometimes I’ll try not to count and then I find myself saying on each step or cut, “don’t count, don’t count.” I guess that’s my little OCD challenge.

3. I pick my split ends. I even found myself picking split ends while I was taking tests in college! I guess it’s a way for me to slip into a state with absolutely no thoughts. I feel this weird sense of accomplishment when I find a particularly nasty split end and pull it off. Maybe it’s time for me to cut my hair again?!?

4. I’ve always secretly wished that I was an Indian. Ever since I was a little girl I’ve had a soft spot in my heart for dream catchers, leather moccasins and silver jewelry. When I was younger I would dream of handsome warriors and teepees. Even now when Kylan and I make the long drive from Salt Lake to Phoenix through the Navajo Reservation I wish we could stop and look at the jewelry!

5. I am a complete history nerd. I love to read or watch anything history related, so you can imagine how excited I was when we recently got cable and with it access to the history channel! Some of the best vacations I’ve been on are to Europe and Washington DC because of all the museums and historical sites I was able to visit.

6. I’m becoming increasingly obsessed with being a mother. I always knew that’s what I wanted to do, but I had no idea how much I would love it. I’m sure any other mothers that are reading this will agree with me that they are 100% convinced that their child is the cutest, smartest, sweetest baby that ever existed. Anyway, that’s how we feel about Liliahna. The next best thing about being a mom is watching Kylan be a dad. He is so fun with Lili and always plays with her. It’s the sweetest thing to watch her whole face light up when he comes home from work.

In addition to answering the tag, I wanted to include some pictures of Lili. She’s learned to make some new faces and they are so cute! The wide mouth face is her new favorite one and she does it whenever she’s caught doing something naughty. The first time she did it was when I found her sitting by the changing table with all the diapers around her and then I caught her in the bathroom just the other day.

4 comments:

Bree said...

IT'S ABOUT TIME! I have been waiting! I love your comments, especially about the Indians. I had no idea. Guess that explains the double braids you always wore to Cougs! ;)

Lili is so adorable. I am so happy to hear that motherhood is more than you ever hoped for. I'd have to agree!!!

Troy, Erin and baby Boston said...

Fun! I loved reading about you and I loved the pics of Lili! She's so cute! It's been too long since I've seen you guys. I hope all is well :)

Jayson and Julianne said...

The naked picture looks just like you from your baby pictures! It's about time for Lili to be naughty- she has been too easy :)

Megan said...

Great pictures of Lili! It's so fun to watch her grow up, it seems like she's really coming into her own little person.