Young 5's year-end campout
Foothill Park - Palo Alto, CA
Part Two of our Memorial Day extravaganza!
I'm not sure how much I've talked about Lili's experience at school this year, but it has been so special. It truly has been a year that we will never forget with lots of new and great friends for both Lili and me, a perfect introduction to public school, and a teacher who was not only a wonderful teacher for the kids, but also a great mentor for the parents. That may all sound a little bit over the top, but it's just so true. Our year with Elissa Kaplan (Teacher Lissa) at the PAUSD Young 5's program is a year that we will look back on fondly for years to come.
In true Young 5's fashion, the year ended with a bang.
The kids were treated to an overnight campout with the dads! Lili was beyond excited to be going on a campout with her dad and all her friends from school. It seemed almost too good to be true! She was such a good helper gathering all the supplies and packing. Here they are with all of their gear, she is just getting so big!
Kylan let Lili be in charge of picking their campsite and this is what she chose. It was kind of secluded, a little ways away from the rest of the group, flat, and covered with a pretty soft grass.
The perfect spot.
Lili with a bunch of her friends and classmates. Lili has a really sweet personality and is able to get along with just about everybody. She would alternate coming home and telling me, "Mom, Ruth is my favorite," or "I chose Ulysses for my lunch group, he's the best," or "I love playing Fireman with Ryan". We are so proud of the sweet girl she is and are happy that she was able to make many great friends this year.
Lili presenting the gift that she made for Kylan...
Kylan sporting the hand-painted shirt that Lili made depicting their campout, which included extra rainbows and roses!
This photo just melts my heart. Kylan and Lili have always shared a special bond, she's always been kind of a daddy's girl and I'm so glad that they were able to share this special campout. I'm sure it will be something that they both remember for a long time.
What's a campout without s'mores?
Just to end the campout on the right note...
A huge thanks to Kylan for taking Lili on this special daddy-daughters date, what a sweet dad!
6 comments:
What an awesome program. Love Lili's s'more picture!! Daddy's and their daughters are the best. :)
Thanks for sharing the photos and the story. Helps me feel like I'm not missing sooo much. Love those girls. What a great school for Lili. All was exactly as it should be...
I love hearing about POSITIVE and FABULOUS experiences in public schools, so keep them coming. And I know exactly what you mean when you say the teacher was a mentor for the parents. I've had that experience and know there is more to come. CHEERS to Public Schools! And this is Amy although Tony would say the same thing in a more manly way, like with no caps.
HOW DID I MISS ALL THESE POSTS??!! That same picture melted my heart Jen. Kylan and Lili are so so special to me, and I absolutely love this idea! I see a campout coming up in the very near future.
-cole
just kidding ;)
also, Cole and I were just reading this and discussing how Palo Alto seems to be some alternate universe, one where public schools are amazing, kids can play in the fountains (heck, ADULTS can play in the fountains), and there is never a lack of things to do or farmer's markets to visit.
can we move in with you?
Post a Comment