Introducing the Lundeen sand monsters!
Kylan's latest version of the water slide. We searched far and wide for the perfect beach with nothing but sand and a generous slope straight into the water. We finally found just the spot at the end of Dry Rock Creek Canyon. The boys built the slide then the rest of us enjoyed it; thanks for all your hard work and ingenuity! Lili wasn't sure about it, but was a pretty good sport and only screamed the first time down. After that she tolerated it fairly well.
What a big girl! Before we went to Lake Powell we had a rough couple of weeks with this one, but I guess that's what happens when you're cutting three molars and two incisors! Luckily Serelle was able to push past the pain and manage a couple of winning smiles for us; always helps when you've got some sweet shades!
Lili and Heron have always loved and adored Uncle Kade. But after he took them on a couple adventurous kayak rides, the level of adoration jumped up by a few notches!
Two important facts to notice in this photo:
1. Lili has the hugest smile of her life while riding on the tube.
2. Yes, that is Serelle riding in the middle of the tube.
Scrub a dub dub. Nothing felt better than a cooler full of warm water after a sandy day in Lake Powell!
You may or may not notice a lack of wakeboarding/waterskiing pictures in this post. Although Kylan and I each enjoyed a few runs of our respective watersport of choice, the truth is that Lake Powell is changing for us. The early morning "first glass" ski trips are few and far between and the hours spent playing on the beach have greatly increased. Many people warned us against taking young children to Lake Powell because of the inherent dangers of a lake vacation. While we understand the risks, the benefits of having these two sweet girls with us greatly outweighed them. We sure love these girls and couldn't be happier to have them with us, even if that means being content with a few less trips out to ski.
6 comments:
I am so jealous! I miss LP with a passion! I love the water slide. So creative! However, I don't think Lili's scared face is due to fear, I think it is pain from her swim suit giving her a front wedgie :) tee-hee! I know there are risks with children around water, but some of the best memories at Lake Powell are with the babes & being a kid. I think it's great you guys still make the trip! Can't wait to see you this summer!
hmmmm, the cooler tub just gave me an idea for solving the one bathroom:twelve people ratio in st. johns -- :)
I am so jealous. What a great trip. I love the naked sandmonster and am super proud of Miss Lili. What a brave girl. You inspired us yesterday and I am happy to report that Savannah is sporting a pony today. The baby gorilla's name is Hadari. See you one week from tomorrow!!!
love the pics.
yes, yes. smith was the reason I never went on those beloved early morning wakeboarding trips. It had nothing to do with how freaking freezing the water was.
Poor girl...Cic is cutting molars right now and it is so sad. Glad that you guys had such a great time. I haven't been to Powell in FOREVER, but am glad that you posted pics so that I can live vicariously through them.
Thanks for sharing the memories. We had such a fun time with you all. Can't wait till San Diego.
Post a Comment