For his birthday I signed him up for the St. George Century.
That's 100 miles on a bike.
He did amazing, and finished in the top 50 out of 650 riders.
Kylan is amazing.
Filling up the food stash...how much food do you need when you're on a bike for 6 hours straight?
In line for the send off. 650 bikes taking off at the same time is quite a sight to behold. I almost wished I were a part of it, almost.
Just entering the rest stop around mile 35 in Hurricane UT. Thanks to Kelly and Tina and all the kids for coming out to give Kylan your support...too bad he was faster than we all thought!
Lunch at the Zion Harley Davidson just past mile 55. More than halfway finished is a good feeling! Thanks for sharing your Cheetos, yum!
Leaving the last rest stop in Kayenta, around mile 85. Kylan's request at the last rest stop was that we meet him at the finish line with fries and a frosty!
Are you still glad I got you a 100 mile bike ride for your birthday?!?!
100 miles. Unbelievable.
We are so proud of you Ky! Thanks to our two sweet girls for being such a good pit crew. We were able to meet Ky at all of the rest stops and they were such troopers! Needless to say, we all slept well that night!
7 comments:
that bike looks EXACTLY like the one Lance Armstrong rides!
(I'm a big tour de france fan, never missed a year, that's how I know).
you're all so cool its ridiculous.
I am not sure I could ever do that! Holy cow...100 miles! I have a hard time driving anywhere 100 miles away in a car.
Wish we lived closer to you guys. Maybe we'll catch up soon.
First of all...Talk about an awesome birthday present. I love that you just called me out (there is something strangely motivating about your wife challenging your manhood). Second, just for the record, I could have NEVER done it without Jen and the girls. They were the best support team and pit crew you could ever ask for. They were waiting for me at EVERY stop, with a banana peeled, water-bottles topped off, and a whole bunch of smoochies. At some points, just knowing that Jen was waiting for me at the next check-in spot was all that kept me going. You are simply the best. Thanks for an unforgettable gift (as always).
KY
Hooray! Jayson and I kept thinking about you that day, wondering where you were, how you were doing etc. That is so awesome that you rode 100 miles on your bike! Jayson is a little jealous and I am sure he will be looking for a road bike pretty soon. Congrats again- what an accomplishment!
Crazy, crazy, crazy. But amazing. Also, you do have the most amazing pit crew ever. Congratulations on a job soooo well done. In the top 50, impressive.
Kylan,
That's quite bad a. I'm sitting in accounting right now and am somehow way more excited to read about your 100 mile bike ride than to learn about how Microsoft capitalizes their R&D development costs. Debit and Credit my friend.
WOW! Kylan! So impressive! Congratulations... what an accomplishment! =)
Post a Comment