Monday, August 11, 2008

Come Come Ye Saints

When I heard that our stake was going to do a trek for youth conference this year I immediately volunteered Kylan and I to go as adult leaders. When I was 13 and 11 months my stake did a trek and because I wasn't 14 yet I wasn't able to go. Everyone came back talking about the amazing experience they had and I always felt sad that I missed that opportunity. So, I wasn't about to let this chance pass us by.

We were super excited when they asked us to go as a "Ma and Pa" which meant that we were assigned 8 youth as our "family". Kylan and I have worked with the youth for two years in this ward so we really love them and have great relationships with most of them. The trek was in Wyoming and we traveled around the Martin's Cove area. Unlike the 10 hours of flat desert that we passed through to get there (on a non-air-conditioned school bus!) the Sweetwater Valley and the area right around Martin's Cove was surprisingly beautiful.

We had some powerful firesides and testimonies and I think everyone came away from the trek with a stronger testimony of sacrifice and faith. We're so blessed to live where we live with so much support in our faith. Kylan and I agreed that we were really lucky to have this opportunity and we highly recommend volunteering if you hear that your stake is doing a trek!






2 comments:

Whitney or Kevin said...

Where was lili!?! You two are crazy travelers this summer aren't you? Was it as hot as it looks?

-w

remi said...

jen. I've never seen a bonnet look so hot. Watch out for those on the catwalk this spring.