Thursday, July 3, 2008

It's tough to be a girl...

So for all of my friends that have boys (which is most of you) I discovered one area where having boys might be easier than having girls. Growing up it was always tradition for my sister and I to paint our fingernails red for the fourth of july. I've been feeling especially patriotic this week and thought that this would be a fun tradition for me to start with Liliahna. Well the toes started out ok, but as you can see, the fingers were not that easy! She didn't cry or really seem to mind that I was trying to make her look cute, but she just would not hold still. So you'll notice paint all over her fingers! Then after I finally managed to get her fingers painted she went straight for the cotton balls. That's right. In case you were wondering, cotton balls don't mesh well with wet fingernail polish! Oh well, I gave it a shot!

6 comments:

remi said...

oh my gosh SO cute! Goodness I miss her! I can't wait to see you all next weekend! Love you!

jenn said...

I like how you can totally tell that she didn't really want to take a picture either. We'd love to have you guys over sometime soon!

Jayson and Julianne said...

I love it! Well good work, pretty soon she will be begging you to paint them all the time :)

Melissa said...

Jenn,
It looks like you tried really hard to paint her nails, nice job!
Hey I hope you don't mind but I added your link onto my links page on our website so it will be easier for me to check your blog out. If you prefer I don't let me know and I will take it off.
Have a great night!
-Melissa

BrittWilk said...

ahh!! so cute! i haven't tried to paint Emery's yet. thanks for trying it out so i'll know not to. if an 18 month old won't hold still i'm sure a 6 month old won't either...

Adria said...

girls are SO fun!! kylee will go off and find polish now for me to pain her toes! after she goes around pointing her toes to show everyone her "pretty's"