Lately, Jen has been helping me feel motivated to spend more time on my favorite hobbies. One of the things I have been talking about for years with Jen is painting. I have always been a little intimidated by this type of art and therefore a little hesitant to get started. As an amazing surprise, this year for Christmas, Jen gave me a large canvas, some oil paints and some great brushes. It's nice to have such a supportive friend! After the great gift, my next excuse to delay the inevitable task of actually letting the paint hit the canvas was the fact that I didn't have a work surface! So, a week later, here is my progress. My very own artist easel. I actually built this easel out of an old maple door that was salvaged from the trash!
As another Christmas surprise, I decided to make Jen a full length mirror. One of the only annoying things about our little house is that there are no mirrors except a small one over the bathroom sink. I'm still not sure if I went a little overkill on the size, but it works great and Jen loves it. So, with a Lowe's close by and Jen's help, we have two fun projects to add to our home.



2 comments:
I can't believe I found you guys! Don't you love blogging? It has been too long. I cannot believe how much cool stuff Lili is doing! We want to see you guys when we come down to Provo. Shoot me an email so I can invite you to our blog, which you are already a part of. So excited we found you guys!
John and Jennifer Erickson
funny. here's my email: jenn.erickson@hotmail.com
Post a Comment