Sunday, March 18, 2012

Disneyland Day Two

Lili was so brave and went on as many big rides as she could! This was on the Grizzly Rapids ride at California Adventure and she got to go just with her daddy. I have to admit that I was pretty sad not to be there with them, although Serelle and I had a great time watching all the tubes come crashing down the waterfall. She kept trying to escape from the splashing water!
The Nemo Submarines! This was such a cute ride! I'm pretty sure it was worth the 45 minutes we waited in line for it? Serelle, who is usually pretty brave, was actually pretty concerned when they shut the top and turned off the lights. However, once she caught sight of Nemo and Dori swimming around she was a little bit happier!
The girls were not the only ones excited to get their pictures taken with characters =)
Would you believe it if I said that BOTH of our sweet girls went on the Matterhorn?!?! It is one of the few "big" rides that Serelle was tall enough for and she did not want to miss out. We hit this ride right about nap time, so there was a little more whining than usual during the line, and then once we got into our little sleds the nerves settled in. Lili was pretty nervous and had to hold on to my hands really tightly!
Not sure she liked it. And I'm pretty sure this is the ride she lost her tooth on (two days after we got home from Disneyland we noticed that Lili was missing an extra tooth - truthfully we have no idea when she lost it!)
The Princess Fair
This magical corner of Disneyland is new since the last time I came (which has been almost 12 years). There is a ballroom where they hold story time and a coronation ball, a giant gift shop with every piece of princess paraphernalia imaginable, and the greeting area. You are guaranteed to meet 2 or 3 characters when you visit the Princess Fair, however there is no saying who you will get to see. We waited in line (really Kylan waited in line while the girls and I browsed the gift shop) for almost 45 minutes. Just as we stepped up to the front of the line we were told that they were switching princesses and we would have to wait another 5 minutes. We were so disappointed until we learned that Ariel, the fairy Godmother and Prince Ali were leaving and Ariel...
...Belle...
...and Tiana from Princess and the Frog were the new princesses! No offense to Prince Ali and the Fairy Godmother, but this was a much more interesting set of characters to see!

The Coronation Ball
 This interactive show was a huge hit - I think I may have loved it more than the girls? A few "court ladies" came out and taught us a little welcome dance that we could perform at the ball. After we had practiced the dance (you better believe I was down there dancing with my girls!) the official "guests" began to arrive. We had Sleeping Beauty, Snow White and Cinderella at our ball. They did the dance that the kids had learned a couple of times and then they came down to skip around a maypole with the girls. There was one princess at each maypole and we got to dance with Snow White! It was pretty magical.
Tangled!!! As soon as we walked up to the characters Serelle looked at Flynn and asked, "where is Maximus?"
Tarzan's tree house. Although the girls don't really know this movie very well, they loved the tree house. We decided that someday we need to have a tree house like this one!
"In the tiki tiki tiki tiki tiki room..." This was one of Kylan's strongest memory from his Disneyland trip as a child. Besides thinking the singing walls were a little bit creepy, this one was a pretty big hit. Plus we were all singing the song for the next two weeks!
We ended our time at Disneyland with the World of Color show at California Adventure. The fountains, music and fire was all really amazing and the perfect way to end our trip. 

Thanks for such a magical trip to Disneyland. After two straight days we were all worn out, full of churros, and ready to start planning our next trip! =)

4 comments:

Rob and Hannah said...

This looks like so much fun! I bet it's way more magical bringing two little ones with you!

elise said...

Thanks for sharing the memories. Miss you guys.

Jayson and Julianne said...

I am so happy that you guys got to go. It brings back so many great memories. Tell Lili that Aunty Julianne still gets nervous to go on some rides. What an amazing family memory! Can't wait to see you in T minus 5 days!!!

remi said...

looks like Ky and I went on different D-land trips, because I have NO idea what in the world the tiki tiki room is. my strongest memories are of the submarines, its a small world, haunted mansion, and churros. are those rides even there anymore?! I didn't even recognize Disneyland!

and, I want to go to the coronation so bad.