Kylan's freshman roommate is a shark wrangler.
Well, I think his technical title is "Aquarist", but he really is a shark wrangler!
Since their freshman days up in Rexburg, Wyatt moved to Hawaii and studied Marine Biology. He has since graduated and took a job in LV at the Mandalay Bay Shark Reef. We decided to take the LV route home from PHX and stop in to see Wyatt and his wife Megan.
Well, I think his technical title is "Aquarist", but he really is a shark wrangler!
Since their freshman days up in Rexburg, Wyatt moved to Hawaii and studied Marine Biology. He has since graduated and took a job in LV at the Mandalay Bay Shark Reef. We decided to take the LV route home from PHX and stop in to see Wyatt and his wife Megan.
We got the true "backstage" tour of the shark reef. If you look closely you can see that the walkway we are standing on is only inches above the water. It was an amazing experience to see all those fish, sharks, and even a couple of gigantic sea turtles at such close proximity! The sea turtles were absolutely beautiful, and the Australian Sawfish was absolutely terrifying!
Jellyfish!
Family shot by the sharks.
Right after this picture was taken I made Kylan switch girls. Serelle is such a little wiggle worm and secretly I was terrified that somehow she would wiggle out of my arms and over the railing to go swimming with the sharks...not a pretty visual!
Thanks for such an amazing tour Wyatt!
1 comment:
oh my gosh jen, i have those same visuals ALL the time. its terrifying and I can't help it!
at least our kids are safe though?
Post a Comment