
This year Kylan and I rededicated ourselves and our little family to making Easter a "bigger" holiday. We mean this in the sense that we'd like to make more of the holiday. Not necessarily in the Easter Bunny way (although you can clearly see that he did make an appearance this year) but in our celebration of the Resurrection and Atonement of Jesus Christ. At Christmas we celebrate the birth of Christ; we reenact the Nativity, we sing carols, we read Luke 2, etc., but what do we do at Easter? Up until this year, not much. So that's our goal for next year, to sing the Easter carols, read about the Resurrection and Christ appearing to Mary in the garden, etc., to teach our children about this beautiful, and arguably most important, phase of our Savior's life.
So if you have any good ideas about how to implement these doctrines into the holiday, please share! We're hopeful that next year Easter might mean just a little bit more than candy, Easter dresses, and coloring and hunting for eggs (although we will be enjoying that aspect too)!
Have you ever seen a child more pleased with a $2 doll from Target? Just over a week later and I'm on the verge of buying another one for the big sister who just can't seem to remember whose doll she is...
The big hit of the weekend! Lili has been begging for a bike for the past year so we decided that with spring just around the corner (or here technically but sans the warm weather!) we would indulge her and supply her with her very own bike! We've spent a lot of time riding up and down the hallways of Midtown, we can't wait for the warm weather to come and stay!
Kylan is the master egg-color-er. A plain yellow egg? Forget about it.
Our sad attempts at capturing a sweet Easter morning moment with the sisters. Things went quickly from bad to worse!
An Easter message from the First Presidency:
“At this Easter season as we contemplate our own mortality and remember loved ones who have passed from this life, our hearts turn to Him who promised: ‘Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.’
“Jesus Christ is the literal Savior of the world, the Son of God, the Prince of Peace, the Holy One of Israel, even the risen Lord, who declared: ‘Behold, I am Jesus Christ, whom the prophets testified shall come into the world. … I am the light and the life of the world.’ ‘I am the first and the last; I am he who liveth, I am he who was slain; I am your advocate with the Father.’
“This Easter season, as His witnesses, we testify that He lives and that through Him, we too shall live.”
5 comments:
I don't have any ideas, but it is a very good goal.
Your girls are super cute. Love the dresses.
i LOVE love their shoes! they are so spring:) sorry you guys have had so much snow, we are wishing warm weather your way.
Love the bike! We are looking for one for Kai right now. How does she do on it? Kai doesn't quite get how to peddle yet.
just to drop a line about centering Easter around Christ. We use a book called, funny enough, A Christ-centered Easter. it is a family home evening like manuel but has activities and stories to pick and choose from to celebrate easter week. They have the outline of doctrinally what occurred that week and also supplemental activities and stories so you can gear to any age/attention span. We liked it. It doesn't have pictures so you would have to come up with those. You can get a spiral book of all the gospel art. That is what we use. Anyway hope that helps-holidays are an eternal evolution and quest to get it balanced just right. Your family sure is cute!!
They look adorabele in their Easter outfits. Good job on the bows! The shoes are my FAVORITE!
Post a Comment