Thursday, April 30, 2009

Two Weeks


So far Serelle has been a really good baby. She's a great eater and as good of a sleeper as you can expect at this point. We took her in for her two week check up today and she's doing amazing. She's healthy and strong and has gone from 6 lbs. to 7 lbs. 3 oz. in just two weeks! They usually just hope to have babies gain back their birth weight in the first two weeks so we are very happy with her progress! Maybe this baby will have chubby cheeks?


Lili is turning out to be a very sweet big sister and is becoming more and more interested in the "bowbee". (attempt at phonetically describing how Lili refers to Serelle?)
This was the first time Lili even acted interested in holding Serelle. I'm actually kind of glad that for the most part Lili keeps her distance. I'm sure we'll have some mauling type loves in the future, but for now we're doing great!

11 comments:

Adria said...

They look so different to me. Lili the blonde with porcelain skin and Serelle the brunett with olive tone skin! They are so cute!! I love the pic of Lili holding her new sister, so sweet!

Lindsey Lundeen Crosland said...

How adorable! I love the picture of the sisters! This must be so exciting for you!

Michaelson Family said...

Glad to hear that you and baby are doing so well. She is beautiful! Lili looks like such a cute big sister.

Whitney or Kevin said...

Is she actually still sleeping with Lili holding her? Impressive. I guess I should be a little less stressed about newborns and what they'll sleep through. I think they are a lot more resilience than I thought --now that I have had one, next time around I'll be doing the dishes with them asleep in the bjorn-- scratch that--lillibaby.

Sara said...

Your girls are adorable -congrats again!!

Melissa said...

Congrats Jen! She is really beautiful!
Miss

joanna yoder said...

I love seeing Lili holding her. She looks like such a great big sister. I am glad she's doing so well. I can't wait to see her this summer or at least Labor Day.

Kacey said...

I just heard from Grandma that they got to come see you and the new baby. She is perfect just as Grandma reported. I'm glad Lili is adjusting.

remi said...

Ky you look freakishly buff in those pictures down there, what's your secret?! Was that shirt about to rip off of you? Cole has some extra-larges if you want to borrow.

I miss Lili so much it hurts.

Kristin said...

I love that last picture of Lilly and her sister. :) adorable. The wright's were wondering if you could invite them to read your blog:
heather_boyd88@hotmail.com

Leah and Mike said...

Cute pictures!! I'm glad Lili is doing so well with the baby.