Friday, April 17, 2009

Jen

Yes. We are officially a family of four. But before I get into any details of our new little girl, I have a few things to say about my wife—Jennifer.

Jennifer is the strongest women I have ever met. Not only is she strong physically, but emotionally, mentally and spiritually, she always seems to have her feet firmly planted exactly where she wants them. She is strong in just about every way (self control in Baby Gap is the rare exception). From the time I first met Jen down to our last 24 hrs together, Jen has provided me with the strength that I have often called upon during our times in uncharted waters. She is my strength. She is my guide. She is my love.

Tuesday night was vindicating in every way. Her will, courage, and strength were breathtaking to witness as she delivered Serelle, our new little girl. To my frustration, I’m just not able to express in detail via typeface, what it was like to be next to Jen as she brought us our baby (I’ve been staring at the computer screen for an hour, but nothing I write seems to do it any justice), but what I will say is this: apparently, I was somehow very unaware of the level of strength she was capable of reaching. She blew me away.

Jen, I love you. Thank you for sharing your strength with me.

Ky

Now…on to Serelle Lundeen:
Serelle was born at 6:49 pm on Tuesday April 14, 2009. She weighed 6.0 lbs, was 17.5” long and came out crying. She is a great eater and a great sleeper. Plus, she is almost as beautiful as Jen.







23 comments:

remi said...

OH MY GOSH I'M IN LOVE!

She's gorgeous, just GORGEOUS! And Serelle is so beautiful too! :) I'm so happy for you all. Poor lili looks traumatized a little still, but seemed to be okay once she got a baby too (AND a carrier).

Goodness I love you two. And thanks for sharing your strength with us too Jen.

UpdikeUpdates.com said...

What a beautiful post, beautiful wifie, beautiful little baby with a beautiful name... Serelle. It's a BEAUTIFUL Lundeen Day! Congratulations you guys! We're so excited for you... and can't wait to meet her. Please let us know if you need ANYthing. Love you - Greg, Shavonne, Haven & Drake

Adria said...

What a sweet post, Kylan! All of those pictures are amazing and beautiful. Wish we could be there to help out in some way! LOVE the name:) Hope you guys are adjusting well to a family of four...it's great isn't it?!?!

Hilary said...

Congrats! Your little one is so darling and precious! Jen, you look AMAZING after the birth! Miss you guys.

Sara said...

What a sweet husband! Congratulations!! Serelle is so gorgeous (and what a beautiful, unique name!) and so tiny! If only I made babies that small. How big was Lili? Anyway, you look amazing. I hope you are all doing well. Let me know if you need anything. -Sara and family

remi said...

why do i SWEAR I saw a picture of Ky and Lili holding Serelle's carrier and now its gone?

weird.

Whitney or Kevin said...

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?? She is the most beautiful baby! Satchel was cute, dang cute, but I don't know... she might have beat him out. Love you four. Im so happy that you are all well and happy and sounds like-- sleeping??
That's wonderful!

Kylan said...

Remi, don't tell anyone but you are not crazy. There may have been a picture deleted due to personal vanity issues.
KY

Camille Bennett said...

I have been waiting for these adorable pictures!!! Wow she is so beautiful. Congratulations. And Kylan, you are a sweet husband. Your girls are very lucky to have parents who are so wonderful and love each other so much.

Kylan said...

By the way...isn't that picture of Jen beautiful? It was taken right at the 8 month mark in her pregnancy by Lindsay Briggs for her BFA final project at BYU.

jenn said...

You guys have some perfect girl names. Serelle is beautiful, but I'm sure you know that already. I love it. Congrats!

zeb.holly.van.gretchen said...

Lundeen Family-we are so happy for you! Jen-your black and white portrait is gorgeous. Jen-you have always been an example to me. I'm so glad to have you as a cousin. I can't wait to see you, Serelle, and all the fam in a couple weeks-love ya!

Trinity said...

Adorable. adorable. adorable. From the sweetness of your kind words towards an awesome wife, to that darling little Easter girl. What a pretty baby! And the name is equally beautiful. Can't way to see you all this summer!

Bob, Emily, Ellie, and Kate said...

Congrats! What a beautiful little girl. Jen, that picture of you is amazing. I am glad everything went well. Let me know how life with 2 is... Jen you are such a strong woman, you are a lucky man Kylan!!!

Troy, Erin and baby Boston said...

Congrats! You all just look so happy :) I hope I get to meet beautiful Serelle at Julianne's shower. And speaking of beautiful... Jen, you look SO pretty in that top picture!

Kristin said...

That picture of Jen is totally gorgeous. And baby Serelle is just adorable! Congratulations. I'm so happy she and Jen are both healthy. Loving the bunny ears. :)

Michaelson Family said...

I am sitting here so so jealous! Wish I were done being prego. Serelle is the most beautiful name I have ever heard and what a cutie she is!!!
I love that picture of Jen at the top of this post. Jen, you are gorgeous! Ky is so lucky to have married such a beautiful girl. And...I get to brag that I am somewhat related to you!
Now, when are you going to tell us the story of what happened? Were you induced? I can't remember the due date...was she early, late, or on time?
Anyway, congrats!!! We are so happy for you guys. Keep the pictures coming.
Love ya!

Kacey said...

Congratulations you guys! I heard some of the story from Grandma Hawks the other day. Serelle is beautiful, and WOW what an amazing picture of Jennifer! Can't wait to meet her!

Megan said...

Congrats guys! She's beautiful! I hope all is well with the whole family.

Leah and Mike said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! She is so adorable!! I'm glad everything went well. You make such a cute family of 4 :)

Erin said...

Congrats guys. She is beautiful. Job well done.

remi said...

Did you hear that the relief society presidency was making fun of mom because of her grandbaby's names? They said so far her grandkids are a bag, a boot, a color, a flower, and a bird.

I was laughing SO hard. I LOVE OUR NAMES!

Just wait until they find out that our baby (I AM NOT PREGNANT, for all of you who might be itching at that statement) will be named GENERAL, or CASHE.

A bag, a boot, a flower, a bird, a color, a rank, and currency. brilliant!

Krista said...

Congrats!!
She is beautiful.
love her name too. Ü