Tuesday, May 6, 2008

HELP!!!

A few months ago I was invited by a friend to run a half marathon. I've been through a whole roller coaster of emotions in reaction to this.
The first being excitement. Maybe I could do that?
The second being doubt. I'm not sure if I even want to, is it bad for my knees, joints, etc., will I want to be pregnant before then, etc.
The third being decision. I won't do it. I'll just support my friends as they do it.
The fourth being doubt again. What if I regret not trying it? Why not give myself a huge goal to reach for?
The fifth being craziness. I just registered for the Hobble Creek Half Marathon on August 23, 2008.

HELP!!! I can't even remember the last time I put on my running shoes! How am I going to do this! The good news is that I have a lot of friends that are accepting this challenge as well and although none of them live close enough to help make me do this, we've created an online support group that will hopefully get me through the next couple of months. If you are interested in joining this crazy challenge please join us! The blog is flabfreedom.blogspot.com. Feel free to stop by anytime!

Wish me luck because I'm really going to need it!

2 comments:

Leah and Mike said...

That's awesome, Jen! I'm quite impressed. Good luck and have fun training!

Adria said...

that sounds like so much fun!! i have always wanted to do one of those but can't because i am a horrible runner! i am good for the first minute or two but after that i about fall over. good luck!!