Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Tagged-all about ME!

So I've been tagged again by a couple of friends and even though I did one of these a while ago, I'll do one again. Let's see if I can come up with 6 new things about myself?

1. I absolutely love to eat. I crave Cafe Rio pretty much everyday so if anyone ever wants to go to lunch, I'm game! I also love big Sunday dinners with roast and mashed potatoes or steak and funeral potatoes, plus my mom's pink jello (amazing) and of course dessert!

2. I am almost legally blind. So maybe it's not quite that bad, but my eyes are not very useful these days and keep getting worse. I can't even see Kylan's face if I don't have my glasses or contacts. I hate this about myself and always worry about what would happen if I were to be in an accident or something and I didn't have my glasses. Picture me on Lost and only able to see about 6 inches in front of my face. That would be a real problem. Someday I'll get up the nerve to try Lasik.

3. You may remember a couple of posts ago that I did some choreography that won state the last couple of years. Well you might think that's something I enjoy doing, but the truth is that choreographing dances really stresses me out. It's very fulfilling and I'm always very happy when I'm finished with the routine, but the first time I listen to the music and try to think of ideas, even a 2 1/2 minute song seems comletely overwhelming! I always have to gear myself up for a couple of days before I can really tackle it!

4. One of my biggest pet peeves is having a dirty counter. After a meal I always try to clean the counters off really well because it bothers me to have crumbs left on the counter. The catch here is that I also really hate the smell of stinky washcloths. You all know what I'm talking about here. The kind of stench that gets stuck on your hand for the rest of the day and never comes out no matter how often you wash either your hands or the rag! I've resorted to just using paper towels. I know this may not seem very "green" but at least my hands don't stink!

5. I have a very small and budding talent of sewing. I'm really not very good at it yet, but I've done a few projects over the last couple of months and have really enjoyed it. My latest project was to make cover-up dresses for Lili and I to wear over our swimsuits. As soon as it gets warm enough I'll post a picture of us in our homemade dresses! (don't expect too much, they're really simple!)

6. I'm exteremely awkward about running into people that I haven't seen in a long time. I'm talking about the people you see when you go back to your old high school to watch your little brother play football, etc. I usually make a point of looking the other way or turning around to talk to whoever I happen to sit by...anything to avoid eye contact. I think my main reason for doing this is that I'm nervous the other peson won't remember me but I remember them and for some reason that makes me look like an idiot? I don't know why I'm so weird about this but I just am and it seems to get worse as I get older. Why can't I grow up?

Ok, now I want to tag: Holly Fullmer, Courtney Hawks, Aimee Hada and Kristin Erb

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jen
Thanks for tagging me. This blogger stuff is really stretching my brain for some reason. I can't wait to see you and all the fam next week. It's really going to be quite the party of events!

Adria said...

i'm the same way with people i haven't seen in a long time. i have a really good memory and can remember people from grade school. even if they come up to me and ask if i remember them i always pause and make it look like i am trying hard to remember them...when all along i saw them when they walked in the room and knew who they were in the first 3 seconds:)

Keisel Family said...

My mom also makes a delicious pink jello. I bet it is the same recipe. I think it originated with Karen Tanner.

It was fun to read your list. There were some things on there that I didn't know about you.

I hate to see people I know places. I can't ever remember anybody's name!

Dave & Aimee said...

I liked your tag it was very fun. I think that I go one step further with the seeing people you know thing. When I am in my car I don't wave to people unless they wave to me first. And by the time I do wave I have driven past them and they never see it. People in my ward must think I am very rude!

Kristin said...

The Twilight series was my Christmas break obsession. Funny story: Todd bought me one to give me for Christmas, but had to exchange it for the next one because I bought it first and finished it before he had time to breathe. Thanks for the Sisterhood suggestion. I was looking for something fabulous to read for our Costa Rica trip.

Bree said...

Thanks for the comment about Cafe Rio. Now I'll be craving it for MONTHS until the next Utah trip (July.) GRRRR.....

Also, I love that you are awkward about meeting lost friends. I always just try to avoid seeing the all together.