There's just something magical about this place...
I can't even count how many times I've been able to go to Lake Powell, but each trip is unique and amazing and perfect. And each trip leaves me wanting just one more day on the lake.
After two years in California, this was our first trip back to Lake Powell. It was such a fun trip because the girls are both getting old enough that we could mostly just enjoy playing with them instead of feeling terrified for their safety!
The Lake Powell trips have changed since Ky and I were first married and they were filled with early morning waterskiing/wakeboarding and lots of crazy tube rides. Now, they're filled with lots of time playing on the beach, swimming behind the house boats, and exploring the canyons. I don't really think one kind of trip is better than the other, it's just one more reason why Lake Powell is one of our favorite places to vacation - you can experience it in different ways at every age!
Plus there's just something so, so special about sharing a trip like this with your cousins.
I really couldn't ask for a better way to close down the summer.
A huge thanks to Vicky and Jerry Moyes for their hospitality and to Mimi Elise for all the hard work she put into bringing up the boat, food, etc. and for making such a fun trip possible!
No comments:
Post a Comment